Monday, December 29, 2014

Kate's 2014 and 2015

I know this is early but I thought I would post before I forgot. I am not going to put the "best" moments of 2014, just the most memorable moments. Times were sometimes hard but I look back at this year with fondness and feel happy and content in the present moment. As for 2015, I am going to include goals I have rather than just events that I want to occur.

2014

  1. One of the top things I looked forward to this year...Graduation! It feels weird to think I am a college graduate but I would take that weird feeling any day.
  2. Taking Ceramics in my final semester. I seriously loved this class and want to find some city classes to take as well. It was a great stress reliever and just something different to explore. 
  3. Started working at Young Living. I love this job! It is the right fit for me. I got extremely lucky especially since it was my first "big girl" interview.
  4. I lived away from Andy for six weeks while transitioning down to Salt Lake. It was very difficult even though I went up every weekend. I gained much appreciation for him during this time. We hadn't spent a night apart since getting married so it needed to happen sometime. I don't want to go through it again but at least I know I could if we needed to.
  5. My grandpa George passed away in June. This wasn't shocking. He has been suffering a lot these past few years, even more so since July of last year. I was emotionally prepared and I did get my goodbye. It is nice to know he is with his son and playing his guitar again.
  6. With the new job that meant a move. Logan was good to us and it will hold a special place in my heart. I like the area we are in now, but hopefully we find somewhere as dear to us as Logan. This was the easiest move ever though.
  7. Rio (our nephew) being born. This was a crazy weekend when we went to his blessing. But it worked out and I love my in-law family.
  8. Going to Comic Con. It is definitely not our scene, but we did have a blast going. Andy got to meet some of his TV/book heroes and I enjoyed looking through all the little booths of stuff.
  9. My grandma Cherie passing away in October. This was a shock. She had been fine living in the nursing home for four years. I hadn't gotten a chance to say goodbye and this hit me pretty hard. I felt sad because I thought she may have been alone her whole life. She never got remarried. It wasn't until my mom's talk at her funeral that I found peace. I remembered how much she valued and loved the gospel and how she tried to live her life as perfectly as she could. I will remember her example in my life.
  10. We made our first Thanksgiving Turkey! and it was delicious. We actually had 4 Thanksgivings total, so there was a lot of gratitude during the month of November.
  11. Danny came home! It's weird, but it's good.
  12. Because #11 happened, a miracle occurred. I honestly never thought I would see this day. Danny and I had lunch with BOTH sets of parents AND it wasn't awkward, no one yelled, and nobody died. I seriously am still in shock and am eternally grateful to have that memory.
  13. There was some good friend moments for me this past year: Last midnight pizza with Alyssa, Red Iguana and Leatherby's, Franny's wedding, Graduation with my classmates and taking silly pictures. I have been blessed to have so many people in my life that make life so enjoyable and wonderful. Thank you ladies for being a big part of that! I love you!
  14. Getting pregnant is something that we pray for daily. It is a trial for me. I will be going to a doctor sometime next month to check everything out. However, I am waiting for that "special event" to do so. This is the worst part. I am late right now; almost three weeks. But every test has been negative so far. Maybe I am pregnant but we are unsure right now (so this bullet may change). I have gotten comfort on difficult nights and I am gaining some patience. So, this is not a "moment" but rather something that has taken up a majority of my thoughts. If I could ask, please pray for us as we search for answers.

2015

  1. Same goal as last year, I would like to be on the road to starting our family this upcoming year. I hope this is meant to happen soon.
  2. No soda in 2015.
  3. I want to read more this year, and with that I want to write a little bit. Nothing big, but I want to try my hand at writing.
  4. Andy will start school again this next year. Yay!
  5. I look forward to seeing one of my projects I have started at work being finished. It will be so cool to hold a final project that I helped create.
  6. I want to go on one trip with Andy this year. Even if it is just Southern Utah, this will happen.
  7. With the no soda thing, I hope to make improvements in order to be more healthy.
  8. The potential of Danny getting married. I am not saying it is going to happen, but I am open to the possibility :)
  9. I want to do more crafting. Maybe some ceramics as well. I have discovered this is something I enjoy and I want to expand that.
  10. I want to read the scriptures every day. This is a habit I have fallen out of but I know that I could benefit greatly by making it a priority in my life.
  11. I look forward to Alyssa's wedding! I am so happy that she has found her person, even if that means she leaves to Texas. (Will someone please tell me why everyone is moving to Texas?)
  12. I hope to find the perfect spot for us to live. We probably won't be buying a house but we want to go maybe somewhere cheaper, or maybe this place will feel more like home.
  13. I want to horseback ride again. It has been far too long! Last time was before I was married.
  14. I want to take more notice of the everyday blessings that happen in my life and be more grateful.
  15. I am excited mostly for the new adventures that await us and for spending the time with my husband.
These lists seems pretty lame but I am happy of where things are and we don't have much planned for the new year. I mainly want to focus on improving myself and being happy. Thanks for reading and I can't wait to read your lists as well. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment