Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2012 and 2013

First off, I thought of all you girls this past New Year's and the "red" New Year's of past. Oh how I love you girls.  A friend of mine did this on her blog and I liked the idea instead of resolutions. I don't believe strictly in New Year's resolutions rather than I like to think that any day we can make ourselves better. Any way, the idea is to list the top 12 favorite moments of 2012 and then what 13 things you are looking forward to in 2013. So here it goes for me:

Favorite moments of 2012:

1. Being eternally sealed to my best friend. This honestly was the best day of my life and I still tear up a bit if I think to hard about being able to spend all of eternity with my sweetheart.
2. Going through the temple with Andy. Because he was unable to go on a mission earlier in his life, that meant we spent this experience for the first time together. It was an incredible experience and I was so happy that both of our parents were there. I had a special moment with my mother-in-law there that I can not forget.
3. My brother opening his mission call. He starts serving Jan. 16th doing the Lord's work in Little Rock, Arakansas.
4. Lynn coming home from Virginia. He finally has a job that allows him to be home with my mom all the days of the week. The first time in their marriage and it makes me so happy to know my mom is not home alone with us kids gone.
5. Thanksgiving in Rexburg. We had Thanksgiving with Andy's family. It was the first time in 13 years the whole family was together for that holiday. Very special.
6. This one isn't really a happy moment but it made my testimony in families are forever even stronger. My sister's three month old Jace past away in February. It was hard on the whole family, but we felt comfort from the Holy Ghost that day more than I had felt before. The Church is true!
7. Opening my Christmas gift and seeing my beautiful picture of the Bountiful Temple. Could you believe that it was actually hard to find one! Every store we had looked had so many temples but that one. I didn't think it was an obscure one at all. And I love that my husband knew that was the perfect gift for me. It just makes me happy.
8. Getting an A in my Biochem class. This is a class I actually had to take over again. It whipped me hard last time. And the moment I looked at that final grade, I felt so triumphant. It was like after the AP Calc exam. Just a huge relieve.
9. This is also a weird one. Two days after our wedding I got so badly sick it was insane. I don't think it has ever been this bad. On top of that we didn't have any furniture yet so for some reason that only intensified my misery. However, I then had a husband that made me soup, carried me to our nest of blankets, held me, and blessed me. It was the most secure I had ever felt.
10. Spending time catching up with Annie while driving to and from Chelsea's Bacholerette party. Seriously that search for the bathroom makes me chuckle about how frantic we were to this day. Maybe I am just silly to remember something like that. Plus talking with Annie is always a joy in my eyes.
11. I am pretty sure this happened in 2012 but it might have been late 2011, but when I received the fearless text from Chelsea marking her first kiss. I loved that one line from a Taylor song, and I instantly knew what was going on. I love that I think of you girls when her music comes on, even with her new album as well.
12.

That was a little harder than I thought and I think I ramble a little too much. But now onto 2013 (I think this will be even more difficult). This year I look forward to:

1. Seeing Sister Mendenhall again. I have been so bad at writing to her but I think about her so much and can't wait to talk to her, hug her, and just be near her wonderful spirit again. The end of this month!
2. Meeting two new little lives in the next couple of months. Our own Mrs. Hull's baby girl and a nephew on Andy's side. Not going to lie, it makes me baby hungry a lot, however, the plan is to wait after I graduate. Let's see how that works...
3. Speaking of graduating...I should graduate this December! I did have to take another semester than planned but I feel like I had a more manageable class load. I am happy to be done with school and onto a new chapter in my life.
4. Moving to a place of our own. I have loved having Sarah live with us, no regrets there. But come this summer it is time to have a place all to ourselves. I am so looking forward to this! Mostly just because I need to run to the laundry room to grab something and am not fully decent. Ah the little things in life.
5. Taking the electives for my major. I have had some choice the past year in my classes but this year it is all what I want it to be. If I don't want to take something, I don't have to. Best feeling ever.
6. Working out more. This isn't necessarily a goal but it is something I have been building as a habit. I am excited to see where it goes and how I feel about myself.
7. This is a silly one but I seriously thought the world could not end before this happened. The final book of my fantasy series comes out next week. Coincidentally, it is also Andy's favorites series as well. He has waited much longer than I have for this ending though. Trust me, it is a big deal to us, so much so we considered buying two books in order not to terrorize the other for the only copy. I gave in though and am letting him read it first. He is a much faster reader than I anyway.
8. Helping my mom with remodeling projects. Now that I have moved out and Danny will be gone for a little bit, that leaves more room to get projects done. I love home decorating and can't wait to help finish what we started 7 years ago.
9. Our first year anniversery, marking one down, eternity to go.
10. Getting to know Andy better. I thought I knew him pretty well, and then we got married. He has just so many weird, interesting habits that make me laugh everyday and I can't wait for what this year holds with him.
11. Seeing the paths that each of us take, and the others from high school. I still "stalk" random classmates from time to time. I find this so much fun.
12. Our trip to Disneyland. Andy said when I graduate we can go there and I am going to hold him to it. I want to do this before little ones come so I can spoil myself just a little and then later when we can go as a family I can focus on what they want to do. I am a kid at heart.
13. Seeing the little miracles that happen in my life. I am looking forward to seeing the Lord's plan for me this year and seeing how my testimony grows from life experiences. Bring on 2013!

I love you girls and I hope you all had as fabulous of a year as I did. Looking forward to all of us being together again!

Love, Kate


P.S. If you read all of this you are a champion and deserve a prize.

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful. Thank you for sharing with us Kate! You can expect to see my '12' and '13' on my blog soon. I love you!

    ReplyDelete